Avocado is a very versatile fruit, as it can be used in many things; it is also very tasty and goes well with any dish. It contains a large amount of vegetable fats, which contain unsaturated acids, and has a protective effect against any cardiovascular disease ",
Not only the pulp has benefits, but in many cases, when people open an avocado, the first thing they do is throw away the seed, because they do not know how many vitamins, iron and folic acid it contains, in addition, it is a source of natural energy due to its high calorie content.
Did you know that the avocado seed contains over 70% of the amino acids that make up fruit? It is also a source of soluble fiber.
Experts share the main health benefits of avocado:
- Prevents aging.
- Prevents cardiovascular disease.
- Controls the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the body.
- Increases the protection of our immune system.
- Improves intestinal transit.
- It is an excellent ally in the fight against stomach damage and gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Increases and promotes collagen formation in the body.
Likewise, “it is important to know how this product is used because it tastes bitter, and we need to know how we can use it to our advantage,” the experts add.
* First, you must remove the brown layer that covers it, it can be grated and toasted, this way you will achieve the following:
- Prepare the infusion: Boil the seeds for 10 minutes and let them sit for 5 minutes. One seed will make three liters of this infusion.
- Base to complement some dishes: The grated layer can be used for stews, salads or any other dish you want to cook.
- It can be used as a natural thickener for some foods.
Another great use of seeds is that they can be used as a sweetener in food preparation.
In addition, experts tell us about other uses that avocado seeds can provide while maintaining and using all of their benefits:
- Cosmetic and pharmaceutical products: due to the content of lactic acid extracted from the seeds, they can be used in these industries. In addition, due to its high antioxidant content, it can be used as an essential oil in cosmetics.
- Plant-based plastic: This is the best option for creating disposable products thanks to the biopolymer component. In addition, carbon residues are not formed during its manufacture.
- It is friendly to our body: because it is a material that is biocompatible with living organisms, it is used for the production of surgical materials, for example, sutures for suturing wounds, as well as for creating prostheses or devices that help us in the proper functioning of our internal organs.
- Biofuel production. Avocado seeds contain biological materials ideal for producing biofuels like bioethanol.
For these reasons, it is confirmed that by using avocado seeds “we are doing our part to protect the environment, as it is not a direct solution to the current waste problem, but thanks to this initiative it can be an excellent alternative for the whole world, the production of plastic products from environmentally friendly organic materials, an excellent option for creating ecological fuel ", - experts add.
And you, now that you know all the benefits of avocado seeds, save them and use them in your daily life! However, keep in mind that all foods should be consumed in moderation. If you feel any side effects while using this product, always consult your family doctor, he can help you with the process.